Monday, March 27, 2017

Juagua




Another good week aquí en YAMASA. I can´t believe that I´m in the Dominican Republic. Every day I am here I still just can´t believe it. 

We had 6 investigators in church yesterday! SUCH A MIRACLE. Orquidia came for the very first time...she´s been investigating for a really long time and yesterday was her first time in church. SHE LOVED IT! Jairo was there too. And Alejandro and Justin and Fraili were there. In fact, Alejandro was there before we even got there helping set up chairs and pass out hymn books. It was amazing.

So Franchesca has been an investigator since January. She´s 17 years old, super cool, goes to church every week, attends seminary every day...but she´s still not baptized. Her dad hasn´t given her permisson all this time. But yesterday we went with the President of the Rama and went to go talk to him. We talked for a while and finally he told us that if her mom says yes, he´s okay with it! Her parents are separated and her mom lives far away, so we´re just waiting until Franchesca can call her mom and get permission from her mom. Then we were talking to them about how when we make the right decisions, Satan is going to try everything to make you change your mind and try to bring you down. And then walked in the Grandma. She´s really the reason why the dad wouldn´t give permisson. She´s super catholic. like, SUPER catholic. She then went on to say that Franchesca is already saved ¨gracias a Dios¨and that she´s already baptized. We explained more, talked more, and I think we´re still good, just waiting on the mom. TRUELY a miracle.

Today for Pday we went HIKING! to the Juagua. I didn´t know what the Juagua was, but we walked on this trail for 3 hours in the jungle and then finally arrived in a little town that´s called Juagua. Go figure. I can´t believe that people live there! There was a school that had just gotten out of session when we arrived and I don´t think any of those kids have ever seen a white person before haha. They were all yelling ¨YOU´RE WHITE¨and I was like haha I know! The hike was sooooooooooo pretty. The pictures don´t do it justice. I thought that the DR was all beaches and everything, but it is MUCH more. I think the jungle part is my favorite (still haven´t been to the beach, beach though...). 

Love you all. Heavenly Father loves you soooo much too!
Nos Vemos! 
Hermana Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment