Monday, March 6, 2017

I love these people!


It's crazy how I got to this area and I couldn't even comunicate with people...and now they're some of my best friends. My cuerpo is leaving this area, but I think my corazón is staying here. We got the news Saturday night that I'm being transfered....to Yamasa in Villa Mella. It's "campo"which from what I have heard so far, it's like camping...haha We'll see how this goes! Church yesterday was hard for me. It was ward conference and all the talks were about how great this ward is and how great the people are (and they really are) so I was basically just crying all through sacrament meeting. Sin embargo, I'm excited to go work in a new area y traer mas almas a Cristo! I went and said all my goodbyes yesterday (I'll finish them up today) and I made a couple of people cry...Paulino cried.(the picture is him in the black) It was the saddest thing ever. He didn't end up getting baptized this week because he still has a couple of things he needs to work out, but I know that he is going to get baptized. I'm just sad I won't be there to see it. Richard (the guy who Hna Castillo and I found and got baptized like 2 weeks later) was talking to us after church yesterday because I told him I was leaving. He started crying. So I started crying. Again. haha I don't know how to begin to describe the JOY I have from being a missonary. It's not all sunshine and flowers, but when I see the change in people and when I know that I even helped one person have the happiness of this Gospel...I don't even know. Literally the best thing ever. But enough with the crying. 

Last night we were walking in the street and a Taxi driver called us over. The day before he had driven some of the Hnas from the other area and as they were leaving the taxi they just handed him a pass-along card and yeah. So he saw us walking in the street and wanted to know. We talked to him for AN HOUR AND A HALF about the Book of Mormon (we gave him a copy, don't worry), The restoration, baptism, what happens after death, baptisms for the dead, EVERYTHING. And he was like "wow. this is true"  YES IT IS! So he's going to go to church on Sunday and from everything he said, he's basically already a member. 

Today is Independencia Nacional, so the bandera is everywhere and everyone is so festive. It is awesome! I LOVE REPÚBLICA DOMINICANA. 

Well, I love you all. I hope you all have the best week ever!

Hermana Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment