Thursday, March 1, 2018

Time is Flying!






This week was amazing.....and FLEW by! We are seeing so many miracles and so much progress in Higuey! Mariangela was baptized on Saturday! Maria Luisa is being baptized this week and Scarlet and Crismeri are preparing to be baptized next week! I can´t believe how much the Lord is blessing us, but I know that there is still opposition that is coming. Really, one of the major challenges that we´re having right now is having enough time to teach everyone....which is a blessing. We´re seeing a lot of our investigators at church. But like I said, we´re preparing to see opposition!

One of the investigators that came to church yesterday was Yunior. One day we were walking in the street and he called us over to gift us peanuts...and told us he wanted us to teach him. We went back a while later and he said that when he was 8 years old (he´s 47 now) he visited the chruch! When he arrived we presented him to the bishop, and the bishop knows him! Yunior´s sister was a member, but she died of cancer a couple of years ago. A lot of members already knew him, so that was great!


Albert wants to be baptized! He´s a members nephew, and when we went to have our first appointment with him, he told us that he had read the pamphlet we left him and wanted to be baptized! He is going to get baptized in march!

We got a reference from the computer last week from a missionary companionship in Canada. They´re teaching a man who is getting baptized in march and his wife lives in Higuey. We went to go teach her and she is AWESOME! Her name is Francia. We taught her plan of salvation and when we got to the spirit world, she started crying. She pulled out a picture of a man and told us that a month ago, this guy (her brother in law) died in a car accident, and was a good guy but never was religious. We explained things to her, cried with her, and we all felt the spirit so strongly. She told us she wants to be baptized so her and her husband can be sealed in the temple! WHAT¿! She´s preparing to be baptized as well!

The family that I was telling you about (the family in the pictures) last week are doing so well! We´re working to reactivate the parents and Crismeri is getting baptized! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

I´m realizing just how much I love everyone here. I´m definitely going to leave bits of my heart in many places here in the Dominican Republic. I already have as I have left areas behind. I love this work. I love the Lord. I love you all!

Hermana Lawrence








No comments:

Post a Comment