Tuesday, February 20, 2018

More Miracles!


We were able to see a lot of miracles this week (pretty much every week...haha) But the week didn´t start without difficulties. Monday night we went to go visit Jefferson to be able to make contact with him every day before his baptism. It´s a long story that I don´t really have the patience to tell, but long story short, we were found in a very awkward situation where a grown man was yelling at us and saying completly horrible things about Jefferson. My heart ached not only because I literally felt the spirit run away from the house, but because Jefferson was listening to everything he was saying. I don`t think I´ve completley gotten over my easiness to cry...so I cried. But then we had a noche de hogar with a member with a reference and she made us food, so tender mercy!  

Jefferson was baptized, and it was really great! 

We´ve been seeing giant steps with Maria Luisa! She´s the CUTEST girl (and apparently she´s Leo and Joanna´s ¨cousin¨) She was at Mutual this week (which started at 4pm and then she was at the church until 8:45pm becasue she went to Jefferson´s baptism! I was watching her during the baptism and she had the BIGGEST smile on her face! We talked to her afterward and she said ¨I want to make myself mormon and be baptized!¨ She loves being at the church and has made a lot of new, good friends!

A family showed up to the baptism that I had never
seen before, and turns out they´re members that haven´t been to church in 6 years! Right now there´s a little girl in our ward that has cancer and is in the US being treated for it, so they´re doing a lot of fundraisers and such here, and many members wear t-shirts with the cause on it. Pedro, the dad, saw a member wearing the tshirt and asked about it, which then turned into sharing about the church and She invited him to the baptism. He showed up with his wife and 3 kids! They´re the sweetest family and they have a strong desire to come back to church! Their 10 year old daughter is also preparing to be baptized!

I am grateful for all the blessings that God gives me
everyday. I am grateful for ¨coincidences¨ that really aren´t coincedences. I am grateful for leaders who guide us. I know that Russell M Nelson is a prophet of God and that he guides us! I am grateful that I am serving a mission! Love you all and hope you have the greatest week ever! 

Les Quiero!
Hermana Lawrence




No comments:

Post a Comment