Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Guineos por un peso!


Hola! It has been a good week, still difficult, but I am still learning and growing everyday! I love everyday and every experience I am having! 

We have really been focusing on contacting with the Book of Mormon. Hna Jensen and I decided we were going to carry books in spanish and creole. There was a guy on the sidewalk selling sweets or something. We walked up to him and asked him if he spoke creole. He said yes, so we continued to say that we had a book in creole that we didn´t understand and we were hoping that we could give it to him. He said yes. So we gave him the book and asked him to read Helaman 5:12. He read it in creole, obviously. I could only understand a couple of words, but I could feel the truthfulness of what he was reading. The whole street went quiet. not a single car passed by (which is very rare here haha), and we were just standing there listening him read the Book of Mormon in creole. It´s an experience I will never forget! I felt the spirit very strong! 
We had a noche de testimonios/movie night on Tuesday as a zone. Everyone brought their investigators and we watched the movie ¨finding faith in Christ¨it turned out really well! There were a lot of people there, and we were able to meet the investigators from other areas and create friendships with them! I am really seeing a difference in how our zone and our mission is working together to accomplish great things! The Lord is blessing us!
We went to go do Estela´s baptismal interview on Thursday because her baptism was for Saturday.  We were waiting for the elders to show up at the church...and they were late. Hna Jensen said ¨Let´s say a prayer. There´s way too many things that could go wrong right now.¨ I really love Hna Jensen! SUCH an example to me! I know that when we ask for help, and then do something about what we ask for, Heavenly Father blesses us. FAITH is very important! We showed up and the first thing she told us was ¨hermanas. I can´t be baptized saturday¨my heart sunk. She then explained to us that her daughter´s dad died, and so she was going out of town for the funeral, but that any day after sunday was okay for her baptism! I don´t understand why someone has to die in her family right before her baptism....but she had her interview, she passed and now the baptism is tomorrow! I´m excited! NOTHING IS GOING TO GO WRONG.
On sunday we did a cosecha in Villa Juana. Hna Jensen and I had the relief society president with us and also a young women of 16 years. Walking around the area, teaching them how to contact people, learning their conversion stories, and sharing the gospel was one of the highlights of my week. I could not stop thinking Ï WANT TO BE A MISSIONARY! But then I kept reminding myself that I am one! How lucky am I?!
I love you all! Hope your week is the greatest! 

Hermana Lawrence

-We went to the Parque Mirador Norte (it´s like a national park or something) and as we were walking out there was a truck full of bananas, so i asked the guy how much each one cost, and he said ONE PESO! Usually they are 5 PESOS! So we bought 20.....I don´t know what I´m going to do with 20 green bananas. I guess i just got a little exctied that they were so cheap. Thats like 20 bananas for 40 cents! WHOO! If anyone has good green banana recipes....send them my way! haha 









No comments:

Post a Comment