Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Lluvia! (Rain!)


This week was great! It was a week of some really long days, but those ones are always the best...It´s been a week of a lot of rain too....I don´t think I´ve stayed dry. haha

Angelica is a cute little girl that is really interested. She´s 12 years old. When we arrived at her house (we were a little late) she was there reading her book of mormon! We stayed outside her house just watching her (probably a little creepily...oops) because we were amazed at how diligently she was reading! She then told us the whole story about Nefi and his famliy. When we went back later in the week she had written us the story and drawn pictures of ¨hermana Aleixo and Hna Laura¨ (I´m hermana laura...lawrence is not a thing here) and it is adorable! Unfortunatly she lives really far from the church and doesn´t have money to get there, so we are working with members so she can get to church because she really wants to be baptized.

We also visited Cleopatra this week! She´s amazing! She is 51 years old and has been investigating for a while now, but she accepted to be baptized this saturday! She loves the gospel!

A HUGE miracle we had this week was that we had 9 investigators at church, and the majority of them are people that we´ve never even visited before! This week we´re going to be super busy visiting all of them! I am so excited to start this new week!

I read a talk this week that I really loved. It is for missionaries, but I think it can apply to everyone! It says that we should always be ready to talk about the Savior and have his name on our lips, always testify of Him. It doesn´t matter how much we talk about the Savior, it´s never too much! I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and that we have a savior!

Love you all! Have the best week ever! (Especially with Thanksgiving...I´ll be here in the DR eating green bananas and chicken :))

Hermana Lawrence

In my zone we´re 4 hermanas...and the other three are from Brasil!
I´ve got my gang of brasileñas! 







No comments:

Post a Comment