Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Up's and Down's


It was a very busy, stressful, amazingly spiritual, heart-breaking, learning week! We had cosechas in basically every area in our zone, so I was able to visit Simón Bolívar, Capotillo, Maria Auxiliadora, Villas Agrícolas, and we had one here in  Gazcue as well! I like cosechas-being able to help other missionaries and being able to see how different this country is from one place to another. We were able to help the Elder´s put fecha bautismales, we were able to animar their investigators, we saw many miracles! They really help our zone become more united. Because if we´re not untited, we´re not the Lords (that sounds awkward in english....) haha

We weren´t able to see Legna for the whole week because she was working A LOT. Like, overtime. So we wrote her a letter of everything we wanted to say to her as if it was a lesson. It worked out pretty well! On Friday night we were supposed to have her baptismal interview and so we were waiting at the church with our district leader and our ward mission leader. Legna never showed up. She wasn´t answering her phone either. It was already too late to walk to her house and still be in the house on time. So the next morning she still wasn´t answering. We got to her house at 10 in the morning and her car was there, but she wasn´t coming to her door.....so we waited. We ended up doing our weekly planning outside of her house....haha....becasue we didn´t want to lose any time. Eventually at 12*30ish she woke up or something and we were able to talk to her. She told us she needs more time to be baptized. That this passed week she hasn´t even read in the book of mormon because she´s been so busy and worried about work and making money. She also told us a couple of other things, and I am grateful that she was honest with us. I´m going to admit, I cried after. I was just so confused as to why HeavenlyFather wouldn´t bless her in her work like we have promised her time after time. But I know that he still loves her. And he can only bless us as much as we put in. I don´t know how to describe everythign I learned, I´m not very good with words, But I do know that heavenly father loves us. We´re still helping her prepare for baptism, so she´ll get baptized soon :)

We had zone conference this week! Hermana Jensen was asked to do a special musical number with her violin and another elder playing the piano. They divided the mission into 3 days of conference, so she played everyday! But, being her companion, somehow I was roped into being the singer....luckily it wasn´t a solo, though. We did Savior Reedeemer of my Soul. It was BEAUTIFUL (other than my voice haha) I sang with different people every day, so it was cool! President cried every single time :)

We´ve been working a lot with Andreas Santana. I can´t remember if I´ve talked about him or not, but he contacted us in the street and has come to church a bunch-he has been to president and hermana smith´s house, and he is so cool! He is so impressed by us as a church, but most importantly he says what he feels at church and when he is with us is peace and he want´s that all the time! We invited him to be baptized and he said he want´s to, but he wants time to keep learingin, but he will be baptized soon! 

As many times as I have felt down this week, thinking why people aren´t getting baptized as fast as they have in the past or in other areas, I have felt good remembering my real purpose as a missionary. Hermana Jensen is teaching me way more than I am teaching her :) We´re doing well! and we are working hard!

Love you all! Have the greatest week ever!

Hermana Lawrence

(we set up my hammock for p-day today!)


No comments:

Post a Comment