Monday, October 2, 2017

Milagros! (Miracles!)


This was a crazy, miracle-filled, spiritual week! On Thursday we were so blessed to be able to go to the Temple for the first time with Pte and Hna Smith! In the Temple, I was trying to recieve revelation about something specific....and I didn´t recieve it. But I know that Heavenly Father works in different ways than we normally want, and I have been able to recieve answers in different ways! But while inside, I was looking at the picture of when Jesus Christ came to the America´s. I have probably looked at that picture a million times (we show it to so many people every day) but for some reason it just really got to me. I thought about what it might be like when He comes again. Will Heavenly Angels Sing? Will the Earth know spring? (that song came to mind haha) I do know that if the day comes soon, I want it to be a happy day for me, I want to be able to touch His hands and feet and be worthy for Him. The thoughts were kind of changing for me.

Friday we had our Zone/District meeting. At the end, we were making plans to help areas baptize. We had the promise in September that every companionship was going to baptize...and September was ending the next day. So we made our plan and we went out! Hna Jensen and I went to the area of Villa Juana to go ask a little girl´s mom for permission
that the mom wasn´t wanting to give her. We only had an hour because we had to get back to our area for a testimony meeting we had planned with Estela. We rushed to the area in a carrito and then sped walked and then said a prayer before we walked down the alley to the house. The elder´s took us to what they thought was Clariss´house (the little girl). The elder´s left, and  We sat down and started talking to the women inside, thinking that one of them was the mom.....but they weren´t. I didn´t know what to do! WE WERE RUNNING OUT OF TIME! I have no idea how it happened, but somehow they were able to take us a couple of BLOCKS down the street and we were able to meet Clariss and her mom! We got talking to them and then we went upstairs into their house. We invited Clariss to be baptized the next day (saturday, the last day of the month!) and she accepted! Then came the nerve-racking part....the permission because she´s 10 years old. In the past she wasn´t able to get baptized because her mom didn´t want to give permission. But we talked to her and I don´t know
how it happened, but the elders´showed up at the house (I don´t even know how they knew where we were....) and she SIGNED THE PAPER! It was a miracle! The pictures attatched are with the family! Then we had to RUSH to our area to make sure that we got Estela to the church. We were late....but God is great and God is good and we literally showed up at Estela´s door at the exact same time that she did! Then more miracles happened and we got to the church and we had a testimony meeting with Estela, her less-active brother, our ward mission leader, and basically all the missionaries in our zone. THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG. I couldn´t help but cry various times. Towards the end of the testimony meeting we invited Estela to be baptized the next day. She told us that she has been depressed (she had a baptismal date for the 17th but then her husband died on
the 15th and we lost contact with her for a little because she went to Santiago). The assistants (because they´re in our zone) asked if she would like a blessing of comfort. She said yes. So the assistants and the ward mission leader gave her a priesthood blessing. I WAS BAWLING. Even though the blessing was for her, I could feel the comfort as well. I am so grateful for the preisthood! She didn´t end up saying yes to baptism for the next day, but I know that the testimony meeting and the blessing helped a ton! When we went to visit her the next day she was SO much happier and a lot different and then she accepted to be baptized tge 21st of October!

Saturday was amazing with conference and everything! SO MANY ANSWERS TO PRAYERS!Then after the second session, we were walking to go visit people and the Zone leaders called us and told us that Clariss wanted us at her baptism, so we hurried and got there. Turns out the Grandma almost didn´t let it happen unless we showed up...so good thing we were able to get there! And of course I was so happy to be able to see her get baptized! When we talked to her after, she said she felt ¨something¨when she came up out of the water. haha She´s adorable! She gives the best little hugs!

Sunday was amazing with conference AGAIN! For the afternoon session, Pte and Hermana Smith invited us to go to their house with one of our investigators! We took Legna, and boy was it the best thing ever! We watched conference and then we talked for a while afterward. Legna was explaining to them that she really wanted to be baptized. President asked her ¨What is stopping you from being baptized?¨She told him that she has the faith to be baptized, she is just scared about falling away or not knowing enough. They promised her that with her faith, she would be ready. So now we´re helping her prepare to be baptized on the 14th of October! And she wants Pte Smith to baptize her! Then they fed us homemade chili and cornbread! YUM! The night was such a miracle and I am so grateful for leaders that care for us! THe night (conference, conversation with Pte and Hna Smith....etc) really probably changed the whole conversion story for Legna. It was a crucial point! 

Last transfer Hna Jensen and I worked so hard and saw very little results, but I know that Heavenly Father blesses us when we are obedient and diligent, sometimes it´s just later than we want. I know that Heavenly Father loves every one of his children....especially YOU!

Love you! Have the best weeeeek ever!
Hermana Lawrence

PS. Sad news! They took missionaries out of Yamasa.....I am really sad about that, becasue of converts I have there and Hna Jones told me even more of the people we were teaching got baptized there...but that´s why we make sure people get baptized because they have a testimony of the the Book of Mormon and the Gospel of Jesus Christ and not converted becasue they like missionaries. I am praying they´ll put them back in next transfer!

No comments:

Post a Comment