Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Storms and Rainbows!

Hola! This has been....a week. Probably one of the hardest...if not THE hardest of my whole mission. I´ve cried, i´ve been stressed, i've had people say some pretty terrible things to me, i´ve been tired, I´ve felt like a terrible person, but I have learned so much. I´ve learned to fully rely on Heavenly Father and I´ve been striving to become more like Christ and do what he would do. I think we all always want to do what Christ would do, but this past week I think I can understand and put into practice a little better Christ-Like qualities. During my personal study one of those days I read in "Our Search for Happiness" because I thought, "well, I need happiness..." I read a part that really impacted me. It says "The best thing about living a Christ-centered life, however, is how it makes you feel. It's hard to have a negative attitude about things if and when your life is focused on the Prince of Peace. There will still be problems. Everyone has them. But faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is a power to be reckoned with in the universe and in individual lives. It can be a causitive force through which miracles are wrough. It can also be a source of inner strenght though which we find self-esteen, peace of mind, contentment, and the courage to cope." I decided that I needed to have a more Christ-centered life. I'm still working on it, believe me, it's not the easiest to always be perfect (actually, it's imposible) but I am learning more and more each day. I have had a song stuck in my head ALL week long. "El Amor del Salvador" or in english "Our Savior's Love." It talks about how the spirit is our guide in afflictions and gives us hope when we have doubts and fears and brings us closer to God. I am grateful for the spirit! I have felt peace, my Saviors love and hope this past week as well. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers.

Even though this was a hard week, there's still some highlights...haha. We were able to do a cosecha in Capotillo. The bishop came up to us and told us he hadn't seen Hermanas in that area in 30 years! Apparently it's pretty dangerous, but I didn't notice anything. We met a menos activo family where not all of them are members and put a baptismal date with one of them! I hope I'll be able to go up there to see him get baptized! It's always cool to meet new people! It's one of my favorite parts of the mission! 

I got to go back to MENDOZA! (my first area) Hna Arciniega asked for permission to go to the noche blanca that Oriental had because she had a convert she taught get baptized in the noche blanca. I didn't get to go out to visit people, but I was able to see a couple members...they remembered me. It felt kind of good :) 

Fania is doing well. She now has the baptismal date for the 19th of August. That's when our zone is going to have a noche blanca. Her baby is growing so fast! I'm learning a lot of creole also For example: "Jodia se yon pi bo jou" means today is the best day! :) 

We have found some new investigators this week that are super great. They're already members in my mind. I love being a missionary and I wouldn't change this experience for anything! Even though it was hard, things can only get better and when Satan is working his hardest, we need to work even harder! Love you all and hope that you all have the BEST WEEK EVER.

Hermana Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment