Monday, November 28, 2016

Templo, Accion de Gracias, y Jardin

Botanical Gardens on P-day

Aye mi MADRE! It has been a busy, really rewarding, crazy, amazing week! On Tuesday we got to go to the temple and do a session! It was so great to go back! My first session in spanish! We get to go to the temple every 3 months here! AH! :) While there I went into the CCM and saw Hermana Lynch! (Gabbie) We took pictures together, but (i am devistated about this) somehow all my pictures from the beginning of my mission got deleted! I let another hna look at the pictures on my camera, and when I got it back, they were ALL gone. I am sad, but it's okay. I'm making up for the lost ones by taking even more! haha 

Thursday was Accion de Gracias (thanksgiving) and they don't celebrate it here, but we celebrated with our zone! We ate chicken, rice, mashed potatoes, green bananas, rolls, and stuffing. Then for dessert we had brownies, arroz con leche (kind of like rice pudding....I think?) and cinnomon rolls (that I HOMEMADE because my mom sent me her recipie :)) It was really fun and yummy! I want to start a tradition of having green bananas every thanksgiving now! They're actually really yummy! 
Thanksgiving dinner
That night we went out proselyting like normal. I really forgot it was even a holiday! The night was absolutely AMAZING. WE HAD SO MANY MIRACLES! It started out that within 5 minutes ALL of our citas fell through. We were praying to know what we should do. We went to one of our investigators that we haven't really been able to teach yet (in the 5 weeks we have been here) and she was there and her mom and her brother AND her grandma! We were able to teach them and they want to get baptized! We taught another family that night that has so much potential also! It's really true that when you are serving other people you really forget about yourself. 

BUT that's not all! WE FOUND TWO MORE FAMILIES! Hna. Stewart and I are really seeing SO MANY miracles! We were told that we need to contact more, so we made a goal to contact 4 people a day. One night we had like 10 minutes before we had to go in for the night so we went up to a girl and shared a small message with her and she asked us to come back and teach her more, so on Sunday night we went back to teach her and it was her, her mom, and her two sisters! And the other family has three little girls, two old enough to get baptized and they want to get baptized! MIRACLES!

On sunday we went to a members house to eat lunch. The mom taught us how to cook really yummy food! We made pastelon which is mashed plantains and meat layered with cheese on top. And really yummy rice. I am excited to learn how to make many more yummy dominican dishes! 

Today for P-Day we went to the West mission....with permission, of course! The Hnas in our zone went to the Botanical Garden! IT IS amazing. I got to wear my chacos and I felt home being away from the city. Even though the plants were not like the plants in Utah, it really felt like being back! The gardens were amazing! There was a butterfly room we went into, and you know how usually it is super hot and humid when you go into butterfly rooms and they're indoors? Well this was outside and just kind of like a mesh tent because it is already hot and humid here :) haha We took a nice lunch of PB&J and chips, and banana, and Strawberry, Chinola juice! Side note: I just found out that chinola is acctually passion fruit...I love it.

Well, there's a lot of pictures and a lot of writing, but this dosn't even start to express how much goes on here. I love the work and I am so happy. Love y'all!

Hermana Lawrence
Preparing Thanksgiving Dinner
Thanksgiving dinner
At the botanical gardens


 

No comments:

Post a Comment