Monday, December 5, 2016

1st Transfer tomorrow!

We got the long awaited (and not really wanted) phone call on Saturday night about transfers...

So our house has been Me and Hna Stewart and the Hna Training leaders Hna Morgan and Hna Barreda. Now with this new transfer I am STAYING in my area, but with a new companion! Hna. Castillo. All I really know about her is she only speaks spanish :) ha... I am super nervous! This means that I have to show the person training me the WHOLE area and tell her about EVERYONE and pretty much have to know everything at the begining. I am super nervous! Hna. Stewart is now going to be a Hna training leader with Hna Morgan. So I will still live in the same house with them! I am excited to improve my spanish even MORE! :) haaaaa

We had a mission tour this week! The area 70, Elder Civic, spoke to us! It was so good! He talked about our purpose as a missonary and being obedient. It seems like we always learn about the same topics, but always learn something new...so it must be important ;) The zone leaders texted us and had us wear matching colors to the misson tour...pink. To my astonishment, the elders actually had pink ties. They also had us match for the temple a couple of weeks back..navy blue. We all made fun of them for making us match, but the pictures actually looked really good matching, so this time we
didn't question them. We also took pictures in our matching zone t-shirts! They say "Yo Tube en Santo Domingo East Mission" you pronounce the "tube" like Tubey. It's supposed to be yo estuve, but with dominican slang, dominicans say yo tube. Funny.. :) I'm still trying to learn Dominican!

We had a lesson with Ana Mercerdez on Friday night. She is SO ready for baptism. A lot of her family members  are members of the church. She just is scared to get baptized! She's been having lessons from the missionaries for like so long now. So many things led up to this lesson that I just knew it was going to be great. We watched "Together Forever" and then talked about how families can be together FOREVER! Her nephew is serving in our mission right now and he wrote a letter to her that we gave to her that talked about how he wanted her to be able to have this eternal family, so she needed to be baptized and eventually go through the temple! THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG. Let me tell ya! I cried in this lesson because the spritit was just like BAM! I am so so so grateful for my eternal family! She wouldn't accept a baptism date, BUT she accepted to fast with us this Sunday for an answer! Which is a HUGE step for her, because before now she hasn't even prayed to know if she should get baptized. I hope that she was able to recieve an answer...I guess we will see!

Something that I haven't told you all about yet is how we greet people. It isn't weird for me anymore, so I have forgoten that this isn't normal in Utah! I haven't shook a woman's hand this whole time I've been here! To greet someone you kind of side kiss their cheek! Its totally normal for me now! Guys do it too, but for obvious reasons...we just shake guys hands haha
Hermana Lawrence & Stewart making lunch

The pictures: Making lunch! Tostones are like my favorite! They're plantains that are smooshed and then fried. SO GOOD. And then there is the ward christmas party (The bishop is the guy on the right). 

I am excited to start my second transfer and learn even more! I love you all! The church is TRUE! Heavenly Father LOVES YOU ALL SO MUCH and so do I!

Hermana Lawrence 
Ward Christmas party

No comments:

Post a Comment