Friday, November 25, 2016

Noche de Hogar x2!

Hola! This week has been busy and good!

I had my cumplemes on monday! 2 months in Republica Dominicana! We celebrated with "Dollys" which are a pastry with guava jelly in it. They're really good :)

I went on my first intercambios (exchange) with Hna. Morgan! It was fun to have a companion that didn't speak english! Spanish is still very difficult, but definitly getting better! It is surprising sometimes to hear myself speak...it's weird.

I was kind of sick this week. I threw up right in front of one of our investigators houses! I was so embarassed! It only lasted a little bit though. I'm all better now! I wasn't restricted in proselyting at all, so I am grateful for that!

We had interviews with President Corbitt on Thursday! He is awesome. So is Hna. Corbitt! He knows where the Union Station is in Ogden! That's cool! He gives really good advice, too!

We had two noche de hogar's this week (home evening). The first was in the home of 3 of our investigators: Nuris, Samarya, and Esagnie. They are really great...but sometimes a little crazy! Haha. The bishop, his mom and 8 other ward members were able to come! It was a really cool thing to see. Nuris was telling us that that morning she was washing her clothes and one of her shirts had a stain on it that was a cross and then under that it said "Dios" (which is God in spanish) and then when we all showed up, it was confirmation to her that our church is true...I guess whatever works for her. It really is awesome how much support we have from this ward!
The second noche de hogar was one we were invited to in the home of a member. We helped them decorate for Christmas and then they gave us homemade cupcakes and homemade hot chocolate (LITERALLY THE BEST STUFF EVER. They gave us the recipie, so I'll have to share it with yall later :)) Then we sang christmas hymns! It was a lot of fun and really spirtiual as well!

Mariella was confirmed and recieved the Holy Ghost on Sunday! So exciting! She is the sweetest! We also had a mission-wide 24 hours of EXACT OBEDIENCE on sunday. President Corbitt said that if we are all able to do that, we will see an explosion of miracles. We really need to see some miracles with a couple of our investigators, so we worked super hard to be EXACTLY obedient!

I LOVE YOU ALL! (We get to go to the TEMPLE! tomorrow! I am so excited!)
Hermana Lawrence


No comments:

Post a Comment