Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Feliz Ano Nuevo!


WOW. How do I sum up two crazy weeks in one (short) email....? Here are some of the main points:

-We had NAVIDAD! For christmas we were invited to 6 different members houses...we could only go to three, but three christmas dinners is a lot on one´s stomach! Thank goodness for to-go boxes! This past month we hardly sang christmas hymns in church, so walking to the chapel I commented to Hna Aleixo that if we didn´t sing christmas hyms I would be sad.....not a single song was a christmas hymn. And the talks given were about the word of wisdom....haha definitley not a normal christmas sunday, but it was definitley a good one. Christmas morning you all might have woken up to snow, but i woke up to a full rainbow...:) Island Life! 

-Campusano had his baptismal interview ..but we´re still working with him. It was a little disheartening for me after his interviewWe had to travel to La Romana right after the interview and so I had some time to think and reflect on what I´m doing wrong...and to be honest, I was really beating myself up. But I´ve learned a lot from this. We were able to go to the temple the next day and while in the temple I had some reflection with the Book of Mormon. I read in Omni 1:26. I learned that I need to offer my WHOLE SOUL as an offering to the Lord right now. Consecration is something I am learning right now, and bringing my whole soul to the Lord is changing me., for many reasons. 

-We put a baptismal date with Sandra! She´s amazing. Hna Aleixo taught her when she first arrived in the area, but then they dropped her because she wasn´t progressing. A member came up to us in church a couple of weeks ago and told us that a woman named Sandra wanted us to visit her again. So the member took us to Sandra´s house and sure enough it´s the same Sandra! She´s 50ish years old, and is in a deep place in her life right now. We taught her plan of salvation and she bawled through the whole lesson. She told us that there was a post on facebook about what people would ask santa for for christmas and people were commenting wordly things. She explained to us that she would ask for 5 minutes to hug her dad again. We promised her that someday she will have the eternity to hug her dad, not only 5 minutes. The spirt was very strong and we invited her to baptism. She accepted!

Well, a LOT happened that I´ll just have to tell you about someday, but know that I love all you! and Heavenly Father LOVES YOU SO MUCHHHH!

Have the happiest new year!

Hermana Lawrence



No comments:

Post a Comment