Friday, January 13, 2017

I love being a missionary!


I finally played baseball in República Dominicana! We were walking in the street and 3 boys, Michael, Jaime and Alexnis were playing with make-shift baseballs and a broom handle. We went up to them and said "we want to play!"so they let us try and of course I hit it out of the park ;) haha they were impressed and we talked to them for a while about the church and everything and they have SO much potential. It's definitly the most fun way I've contacted yet! We have a cita with them tomorrow!

Last monday when we were out we were heading back to the house in a hurry and then a guy from his car yelled (in english) "hey! Where are you going?" We kept walking because we thought he was just another freco, but he was pretty persistent and in my mind I thought "hablar con todas"so we went over to him and started talking to him. He would only talk in broken english and I would respond in spanish because I wanted Hna Castillo to understand. He seemed pretty freco, so we just gave him a pass-along card with our names and the direction to the church and invited him to church. Didn't think much of it. Fast forward to Sunday. We were sitting in sacrament meeting and a guy walks in that isn't a member and none of us recognize him. He sits in the very front row and then starts looking around. He turned around and started waving at me. I had no clue who he was! So time went on and sunday was fast and testimony meeting. HE GOT UP TO THE PULPIT. He got up there and said "This is my first week here. I was invited by (and he holds up the card) Hermana Lawrence and Hermana Castillo. Thank you" and then he sat down. Hna castillo and I looked at each other in terror because we could not for the life of us remember who he was. After the meeting we were talking to him and asked him where we talked to him and he said he was the taxista! Ah. So embarassing. But so wierd. Anyway, milagro.We also had many more milagro investigators in the church on Sunday! I am so happy about all of them!

This morning we went and visited a contact and we sat down and started como comenzar ensenar (prepare to start teaching) and everything. I had the prompting to share el plan de salvación. She had no clue that we even existed before this life! I love being a missionary and teaching these amazing gospel principles to people! I love seeing their faces light up! And then when we got to after we die, she started crying. We were talking to her and she shared with us her story. About 3 months ago her husband went missing and then a while later they found him dead. She (obviously) is still really heartbroken. We shared our testimonies (with tears) that she will be able to see her husband again! It was actually difficult to talk through my tears haha The spirit was so strong! I love the message of hope this gospel brings! ❤   

I read a quote this week that I really liked: "That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our power to DO is increased" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hope everyone has the best week ever! I love you all! 

Hermana Lawrence


No comments:

Post a Comment