Thursday, October 6, 2016

We played volleyball in a hurricane!

Apparently there was a hurricane that passed over Haiti (I don't really know details) so we had a TON of rain and wind this week. We're mainly just inside the whole day, so it didn't affect us too much. The power has gone out a lot, but that isn't anything new because the power is always randomly going out. Monday was super rainy. When time came for gym (it is at 3:30) it wasn't raining too much so we all went out to play basketball and volleyball like we normally do. Within 10 minutes of us being out there it started POURING. There was not a dry spot on our body. We continued to play volleyball, and it was a BLAST!! Then we turned the parking lot into a slip-n-slide because the cement gets really slick when it's wet and it goes down a hill (and there was a massive amount of water). The president and other people came out and took pictures and videos of us because they thought we were crazy. When we had to go back inside there was puddles and puddles of water all the way up to the fourth floor (our rooms are on the fourth floor) and all the way down the halls into our rooms. The floor was slippery for a
good hour after that! haha So, I played volleyball in a hurricane :)

Conference was great! It was a very much needed break from spanish :) We started off eating homemade cinnamon rolls! President Madsen made them...they were almost as good as moms :) We watched conference live, so here it was 12:00 and then we watched until 6:00. After sitting in the same chair for that long your butt starts to loose sensation. I'd say it was worth it, though! We got to watch the Best Two Years on Saturday night! We used this Sunday as our fast Sunday too. It was not as bad as I expected. I felt like conference talked a lot about missionary work, but maybe that's just because I'm on my mission. I LOVED CONFERENCE!

President Romney called me into his office on Tuesday. On the walk down the hall I was racking my brain trying to think of anything I could have done wrong...I guess I didn't do anything because he asked me to be the Hermana Training Leader. That came as a really big shock to me. There are so many other Hermanas that are better than me, but I am excited to take on this calling! :)

Hermana Jones and Hermana Lawrence
Our District has made a goal to only speak spanish after dinner to 9:00pm. For every WORD you say in english you have to do 5 pushups. I'm going to die!! Last night I said 3 words in english...

We got all the new missionaries yesterday! It's crazy that I'm part of the old group now. My time in the CCM is halfway gone! There is a HUGE group of Haitians that came in. Most of them only speak French, so there is a language barrier there, but they're the coolest people! They're super nice and sing SUPER loud. It's amazing!

This morning in the Temple I got to meet the woman who was the first member of the church in the Dominican Republic. That was super cool!! :)

I am learning so many things and loving my time here! Love you all!

Love, Hermana Lawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment