Friday, October 21, 2016

Last week in the training center!

Next time I email y'all I will be in the field. In real life. BEING A REAL MISSIONARY.

I'm getting a little of of "senior-itis" from being in the CCM for so long, but I am also super nervous to leave! The CCM is nice...air conditioning, clean water, prepared meals, showers, and washers and dryers are really nice. But as nice as those things are, I am ready to leave here!

On Friday we got to go on splits with missionaries from the West mission! I went with a Hermana from Panama, so she spoke only a little bit of english. We went contacting to start with and then we had an appointment with a 13 year old girl. We taught her the Plan of Salvation (at least I think that we taugh the Plan of Salvation..haha) I got to bear my testimony and pray! We then went out contacting again and at one point we had walked past this alley and she stopped and turned around and went in the alley. We walked up to a house and since they don't have doors, they just have gates, she yelled into the house for someone to come out. A man came out and we asked him if we could come back another day because we thought he was alone. He said his daughter and niece were home and we could teach them! We taught them and now they have another appointment! It is awesome how the spirit leads missionaries where they need to go!

We went to the store and CHRISTMAS is already up everywhere! They don't celebrate halloween or thanksgiving here, so it is already Christmas season! We sing Christmas hymns. So instead of the 25 days of christmas, we have the 55 days of christmas here! haha

As a district, we went out to the Temple grounds and read out of Helaman 10. In verse 4 Nephi is blessed because he declared the word of God with unwearingness. In the foot notes unwearingness is described as dedication, dependability, magnifying callings, and steadfastness. We all need to be unwearing! If we are, God promises in verse 5 that he will "bless thee forever; and I will make thee mighty in word and in deed, in faith and in works." I know I will need power while I teach and porclaim the gospel, so I will have unwearingness!
(I spilled the sprinkles all over my ice cream and the floor. I never though ice cream could taste gross, but i was basically chewing the ice cream....so sad)

LOVE YOU ALL!
Hermana Lawrence


No comments:

Post a Comment